๐Ÿฆ€ MARYLAND CRAB SOUP๐Ÿฆ€

Even though  I now reside in Delaware, I'm still a Marylander through and through.  Born and raised in Bel Air, Maryland, you come to know a lot about seafood from the Chesapeake Bay.  Especially,  the Maryland Blue Crab.  Crabs really do give off the best flavor.  I've had my share of steamed crabs, crab cakes, crab imperial,  cream of crab soup, and crab stuffed flounder.  The one thing that is always constant and takes an art to prepare correctly is Maryland Crab Soup.  It has to have the deep rich flavor of beef broth and covered in only the best seasonings,  the main one being Old Bay.  Another good thing about crab soup is its always better the second day! 

So if you're looking for the best recipe for Maryland Crab Soup from a true Marylander, than look no further.  As always,  let me know if you try it and how you like it!  

You can also follow me on Instagram at @full_of_lemons for more great content! 

๐Ÿฆ€MARYLAND CRAB SOUP๐Ÿฆ€
1 carton beef stock
1 can beef broth
2 cups water
1 large can diced tomatoes,  untrained
3-5 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped 
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables (peas, corn, carrots, green beans)
1 package frozen corn
1lb crabmeat, picked through to remove any cartilage 
Salt, pepper, lots of Old Bay!!

1. In a heavy stockpot, add stock, broth, water, tomatoes,  vegetables,  potatoes,  crab, and spices.   Bring to a boil.
2. Boil for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45-60 mins.
3. To individual bowls, label some soup into each one. Top with some extra Old Bay and if you like it spicy like me, a few shakes of hot sauce.   


It's that simple!  Don't let a good soup recipe intimidate you.   Give it a try!  Let me know if you try it and like it!

Follow me on Instagram @full_of_lemons ๐Ÿ‹


Popular posts from this blog

Boys, Pumpkins, and Chicken Pot Pie ๐Ÿฅง ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ

Welcome! ๐Ÿ‹ A little about me...