💙 New Year, New Dreams, New Me 💙

Well hi there!  I know it's been a few day but here I am!  Two weeks ago I decided to sign up for Weight Watchers.  They were offering a 3 month free sign up and I was feeling motivated so I signed up. After giving my info and measurements,  they placed me on the BLUE💙 plan.  (There is also green and purple)  The blue plan offers you more choices in the zero point foods category. These are foods that don't the away from my daily point value, which for me, started at 30.  

The zero point foods are mainly fruits and vegetables,  eggs, beans, chicken breasts, and turkey breasts.   I can also use the WW app to keep track of my weight loss,  my daily points,  track my meals, scan barcodes when grocery shopping to look up point value, and to keep me accountable.   It really is easy to navigate and definitely helps!  I've learned how things I used to eat were in very unhealthy point ranges and I can now tailor my diet around foods that I can eat with no regrets.  In addition to daily points,  I am awarded weekly points and my extra points throughout the week get added on to them.  Say I have 40 weekly points but Monday I didn't use 4 of my daily points,  those points make my weekly total 44 points.  These can be used for "cheat meals" or that honey glazed donut to go with your coffee.

Now the 1st week I lost 5 lbs.  Awesome!  As of today, my 2nd weigh in day, I lost 2 more.  So, to look at the numbers,  I have lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks.  That's quite an accomplishment!  I did cave in yesterday and ate a cheeseburger and small fries from Burger King...felt horrible emotionally after that but hey, lesson learned.  I also took the day off from cleaning the house yesterday and spent the majority of the day on the couch watching movies with my toddler.   I felt emotionally guilty for doing that and that's what triggered my drive thru Burger King binge.   I won't make that mistake again! 

So, today I am going to try to not beat myself up so much because even losing 2 pounds is amazing!  A fresh new week starts tomorrow and I am ready for it!  I will definitely be tracking here what I lose, what I eat,  and my progress as these months continue!  

I hope everyone is staying well and safe and have a great week!  

Popular posts from this blog

Boys, Pumpkins, and Chicken Pot Pie 🥧 🎃🍁

Welcome! 🍋 A little about me...